3,000 ACRES ALREADY SIGNED UP FOR COMMERCIAL SOLAR
21 EASEMENTS BETWEEN INVENERGY AND LANDOWNERS
12.2% OF KEENE TWP LAND IS NOW ASSOCIATED WITH INVENERGY
67 PARCELS ALREADY HAVE EASEMENTS SIGNED
What would you rather see out your window?
We are a group of concerned Keene township residents that feel compelled to take a stand.
Our Township Board has passed ordinances that will allow commercial solar facilities to infiltrate our community. A renewable energy company, Invenergy LLC, has been signing easements with Keene Twp landowners since 2019. The easements we are aware of account for almost 12% of the land in our township.
Unless the citizens in our community join together with a united voice to KEEP COMMERCIAL SOLAR OUT, you WILL soon be living near commercial solar fields!
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
1. Be informed! Start by clicking here.
2. Attend ALL township meetings and speak up! See the schedule here.
3. Spread the word! Educate your neighbors.
4. Write letters or emails to elected officials to voice your concerns. Be sure to ask that your letter be entered into public record! Contact info here (scroll to bottom).
5. Put up a yard sign to show your support. Email us to obtain one.
This site is 100% managed and paid for by Keene Twp citizens & only local donations. It is intended to be a source of communication and information for residents to encourage involvement in our grassroots movement to keep our community beautiful and safe from the proposed solar panel invasion in our area.
By getting coordinated, spreading the word, educating our neighbors, and staying in regular contact, we can take a united stand and KEEP COMMERCIAL SOLAR OUT OF KEENE TOWNSHIP!